Summary: This week on Talking in Stations we sit down with CCP Games Executives: Executive Producer CCP Mannbjorn and Creative Director CCP Burger to talk about their vision for Eve Online now and into the future.
On the Show:
- Dirk MacGirk
- Exec Prod: CCP Mannbjorn aka Sveinbjörn Magnússon
- Creative Dir: CCP Burger aka Bergur Finnbogason
- Get to know the Executive Producer and Creative Director together
- Background of each – How long at CCP, prior positions held, and how those prepared them to take on their new roles.
- Exec – visual effects/art
- Creative – architect/WoD/scarcity
- Description of their new positions – Really want to dig into the roles for both.
- What do your positions mean in relation to each other and Eve Online? )
- meanings of your CCP names
- What ideas or events formed their view of Eve?
- What is your virtual world vision?
- Differences if any from the Seagull term in office. Release cadence, direction of teams, etc.
- What is happening to the roadmap laid down by former-EP CCP Seagull
- Communications: How do you see your roles in the communication process? Will Mannbjorn be visible or will others? Will both of them be coming to Vegas?
CCP getting sold
- PLEX rose on news of sale! Congrats
- Preparing to be sold (drop VR, add mobile, redundancies/summer sales, “Abyss”)
- More interest in Project Aurora and Galaxy than in Eve Online?
- Better to be owned by investors or a game company?
- Mac client survive? BDO doesn’t have one 🙁
- Localizations grow or shrink? Spanish, Korean
- Should we expect advertising to increase for EVE?
- What is the future of events such as Fanfest, EVE Vegas and the rest? Was there any relation at all to sale of the company and there being no Fanfest in Iceland next year?
- Thanks to INN subscribers and tipsters, and TIS Patreons “colored names”
- For more information on this and other episodes, visit http://www.talkinginstations.com
- Thanks Panel, guests, staff (more specific)
Soundtrack: Instrumental – “But Not Tonight” (Depeche Mode)
More Information and Links:
The Scope – The Triglavian Collective Revealed by CCP on Youtube
The Scope: Caroline’s Star by CCP on Youtube
EVE Fanfest 2018 – EVE Online Keynote (where CCP Burger is Angry Concord Guy) by CCP on Youtube
Former Executive Producer of Eve Online CCP Seagull on Twitter
INN article about CCP Seagulls Departure from CCP.
CCP Seagulls Eve Online roadmap from her Fanfest Presentation.
Torfi Franz Olafsson, notable former Creative Director for Eve Online.
CCP Burger, current Creative Director of Eve Online
CCPs AMA on the Eve Online forums